Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools
|Also known as||
RFK Community Schools
3400 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90010
|Designed by||Gonzalez Goodale|
- This was the location of the Ambassador Hotel.
- This building was designed to mimic the shape of the Ambassador Hotel, which it replaced.
- This was the location where Senator Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated.
- At the time of its completion, this was the most expensive public school ever built in the United States.
- January 1, 1921: The Ambassador Hotel opened at this location.
- June, 1968: Senator Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated in the Ambassador Hotel.
- 2006: The Ambassador Hotel was demolished.
- September, 2010: The Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools opened.