The Aon Center
|Formerly known as||
First Interstate Bank Tower
United California Bank Tower
The 707 Building
707 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90017
|Designed by||The Luckman Partnership|
|Neighborhood:||Downtown Los Angeles|
- Floor space: 1,103,829 square feet
- Stories above ground: 62
- Stories below ground: 5
- Elevators: 32
- Architect: Charles Luckman
- At the time of its completion, this was the tallest building in Los Angeles. It was surpassed by the U.S. Bank Center in 1989.
- May 4, 1988: A fire on the 12th floor of this building killed one person, and injured 40. Five floors of the building were gutted.
- 2003: This building is bought by Transwestern Investment Company for $120,000,000.
- September 13, 2005: This building is bought by Broadway Partners for $185,000,000.
- 2006: A plan is floated to convert the top ten floors of this building into residences.
- August 30, 2007: This building is sold.